Welcome, dear members and Android fans. In this article, the expert Chris Rosser and the site Rootexpert will show how to get root access to the Meitu M4s. We recommend using one of our methods.
Root access can be compared with administrator rights on Windows – after rooting you get full access to the file system, the ability to customize your device, install applications on the memory card, and move them. A comprehensive list of features can be found here.
Will I Lose My Warranty?
Yes, getting root access automatically invalidate the warranty for your smartphone. However, if necessary, you can remove root and take the phone to a service center.
How To Root Meitu M4s
The administration of the site is not responsible for your actions. In case of unsuccessful attempt of rooting, you can ask for help in the comments, but before that we recommend that you repeat the procedure yourself by rereading the instruction.
When requesting help, provide as much information as possible about your smartphone or tablet, the Android version, which program you used to root and what other actions have been taken. And then regularly look through the page for an answer to your question. In case of common issue, the answer can be placed directly in the article.
Using Rootkhp Pro 2.1
- Turn on USB debugging on Android;
- Download Rootkhp Pro from the official site rootkhp.pro;
- Run Rootkhp;
- Press the Root button and wait for the notification that your device is verified;
- Wait for the final message.
Using Kingroot on your computer
- Download Kingroot from the official site kingroot dot net;
- Using a USB cable, connect the device to a PC;
- The program will detect your device and you’ll be able to click "Start to Root";
- As a result you’ll see the message "Successfully Gained Root". Your device may reboot during the process.
- Download and install Kingoroot from the official site kingoapp com;
- Turn on USB debugging on Android;
- Connect the smartphone and the computer using a USB cable;
- Run Kingo and press Root;
- Wait for 5 minutes to finish the process.
Also this program allows you to remove Root access.
How to tell if your Android is rooted
For checking, download any terminal on Android, for example, Termux, and enter the SU command in it, which means superuser privileges (Root). If you get a "Permission denied" error, then you do not have root access.
How to Hard Reset Meitu M4s
In case you have Android 8.0 Oreo
On the eighth Android menu was redone, and because of this it’s not that easy to find out the right way. Go to Settings → System → Reset → Factory data reset.
The easiest way
Go to Android Settings → Backup & reset → Factory data reset → Reset phone. This method is not the best one because it will require you to know the pattern lock or password to unlock the phone (of course in case they’re installed).
Using a secret code:
Go to the dialing screen and enter one of these codes. Here it’s important to remember that everything depends on your manufacturer. We can’t give a 100% guarantee that one of these three codes will work.
Turn off the smartphone, then press the Power button and the Volume Up button to get into the Recovery menu. In case it doesn’t work, try one of the following options:
- Volume Down + Power button
- Volume Up/Down + Power button + Home button
- Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button
When you are in the menu, you can navigate through the options using the volume up and down buttons. You need to select the "Wipe data / factory reset" option and press the Power button, thereby confirming your choice. Then select "Yes – delete all user data", confirm and select "Reboot system now".
How to update Android OS
Who doesn’t like to keep up with the times and use a new version of the operating system? You can download the latest versions of Android for free by following these links:
- Download Android 11 url: uptruefile.info/andr11
- Download Android 10 Q firmware 2020 year url: uptruefile.info/andr10
- Download Android 9 Pie firmware: uptruefile.info/droid9pie
- Download Android 8 OREO here: uptruefile.info/droid8oreo
- Download Android 7 Nougat firmware here: uptruefile.info/nougat7_1
- Download Android 6 Marshmallow firmware here: uptruefile.info/droid_marshmallow
Before installing the new version, don’t forget to backup the data using such programs as Titanium Backup.